Purpose: Coordinate with property owners and contractors to schedule projects for general efficiencies along with optimizing the transport and use of any removed sediment. Refer toLake Restoration Timeline for planned activities FAQs
“Special Projects” are summarized below to allow members and/or residents a opportunity to identify interests, estimates – schedule work and contribute funds in support of these activities. All funds received will be designated and managed for these purposes only.
Lake Restoration “Formerly (SLAT): The Siltation Legal and Technical (SLAT) fund is primarily used for the removal of sediment that has accumulated in areas adjacent to streams. In September 2012 the fund was voted on and approved by BLHA Membership to be renamed and to expand the purpose to include any Board designated lake bottom “restoration” activity.Some of the many options available the following;
- I wish to contribute funds to be used for removal of sediment and/or projects that are submitted for membership approval at scheduled meetings.
- I wish to contribute funds to be used for removal of lake sediment at the designated location / address.
- I wish to pledge funds to be used for the following project. Description Required:
- Examples for use could include, Seawall Construction Around Streams / FPRP areas, Beach Parking Lot Improvements, Brush / Tree Removal …etc.
- I am interested in receiving dirt from the lake bottom for use on my property. < Briefly Describe Project >
Shoreline Management Goal: To facilitate removal of brush and trees growing within 10-20 of the shoreline or in less that 10 feet of water at full pool. Some of the many options available the following;
- I plan to maintain the shoreline along my property and do not need assistance.
- I plan to maintain the shoreline along my property and request assistance with securing a contractor authorized by BLHA to perform this service. (Contracted Fee / Hour)
- I wish to coordinate with BLHA and contribute funds to maintain the shoreline along my property.
- I wish to contribute funds for the purpose of maintaining the shoreline. (Non-Shoreline Owners)
- I am interested in providing support (My Time) to assist with shoreline cleanup activities.
Members interested in other projects can designate an amount to contribute and attach a brief summary or email [email protected]. Any proposed projects must be approved by the BLHA’s Board of Directors.
Berkeley Lake Homeowners Association
P.O. Box 232, Duluth, GA 30096
Make check payable to “BLHA” and return to the above address
Special Projects Contribution: $____