The BLHA Pavilion is available for reservation exclusively by current BLHA members. Before proceeding with your reservation request, please carefully review the following guidelines:
Rental Purpose: Our rustic open-air pavilion and picnic grounds are best suited for parties, reunions, memorials, meetings, and casual gatherings. Please note that weddings are not allowed without prior approval by the BLHA Board. If you are planning a wedding, kindly contact the rental coordinator to discuss your event before submitting forms. Approved weddings will require special contracts and pricing, which is not reflected in the pricing shown below.
Reservation Process: To schedule a reservation, please complete the request and liability forms located at the bottom of this page. Contact the BLHA rental coordinator to confirm availability and obtain payment procedures.
Avoiding Conflicts: Pavilion reservations ensure that no conflicts arise with other groups interested in utilizing the pavilion on the same date and time. However, please note that the pavilion and grounds belong to all BLHA members, and reservations do not prohibit other members from accessing the picnic grounds, dock, restrooms, and kayak racks.
Checking Availability: Prior to making a reservation, please consult the BLHA calendar to view possible available dates. Please be aware that only one reservation is permitted per day. Reservations are processed on a first come, first served basis. Certain dates, including major holiday weekends and BLHA scheduled events, may not be available. Dates are considered confirmed only after payment has been received and all necessary paperwork has been signed and completed.
Member Reservation Only: Reservations may only be made by BLHA members and should be for activities directly related to the BLHA member, their families, and invited friends. BLHA members cannot reserve the pavilion on behalf of non-members for parties, events, or meetings. Attendance fees or charges for private profit are strictly prohibited for guests or attendees by members reserving the Pavilion.
BLHA Member Presence: The BLHA member making the reservation must be present on the premises for the entire duration of the event, including set-up and clean-up. No individuals are allowed on the premises without the presence of the reserving BLHA member.
Rental Duration: The rental period, including set-up and clean-up, should not exceed a total of 6 hours.
Special Activities and Non-BLHA Events: The BLHA Board reserves the right to schedule special activities and non-BLHA events that contribute to our community, support civic groups, and align with our mission of serving our members.
By adhering to these guidelines, we can ensure fair and enjoyable use of the pavilion for all BLHA members. Please proceed with your reservation request only if you agree to comply with these terms.
Usage and Deposit Fees
|Groups of less than 20
|$150 plus $150 refundable damage/cleaning deposit
|Groups of 20 to 50
|$250 plus $250 refundable damage/cleaning deposit
|Groups of 51 to 75
|$350 plus $350 refundable damage/cleaning deposit
|1. Groups larger than 75 must be approved by the BLHA Board.
2. Above pricing is not for weddings which require board approval, special contracts and specific pricing.
Scheduling and Payment Terms: To secure your desired reservation date, it is required that scheduling be completed at least two weeks prior to the event. To confirm the reservation, the complete fee, including the deposit, must be submitted at the time of scheduling. Please note that the requested date cannot be guaranteed until the full payment has been received. Once the funds have been received, the reservation will be officially confirmed, and the date will be reserved for your event. We encourage you to promptly complete the scheduling process to ensure availability and avoid any potential scheduling conflicts.
Refundable Damage/Cleaning Deposit: A refundable damage/cleaning deposit is required for all bookings of the pavilion. The deposit amount will be equal to the rental rate. This deposit serves as a precautionary measure to cover any potential damages or additional cleaning required after the event. The deposit will be refunded within 30 days following the event, less any credit card transaction fees. If damages, or additional cleaning costs, exceed the deposit amount, BLHA reserves the right to retain the deposit and send the member a detailed bill for any outstanding fees. We kindly ask all members to treat the facility with care and respect to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for everyone. If there is damage, please take photos and contact BLHA rental coordinator as soon as possible.
Casual Use of Pavilion and Grounds: The pavilion and grounds may be utilized for limited or spontaneous activities, such as family picnics, small social gatherings, or meetings that do not require the use of the kitchen or grill, without the need for a paid reservation. However, please note that these casual uses should have less than ten non-members in attendance. It is important to prioritize scheduled events; therefore, if an unscheduled activity coincides with a pre-scheduled event, the scheduled event will take precedence in facility usage. It is crucial that all members adhere to the BLHA rules and guest policies, especially the Rule of Ten and Rule of Five, during any unscheduled member use. By complying with these guidelines, we ensure a harmonious and fair experience for all members and their guests.
Rules and Policies
- Complete Pavilion Rental Guidelines and Pavilion Clean Up Checklist are linked at the bottom of this page. You will need to sign that you have read and understand both completely. Listed here is a brief list of items to know before requesting a reservation, and does not represent all guidelines.
- Rental rates, terms and guidelines may be reviewed and amended at any time by the BLHA Board.
- Applicants must be current BLHA members and event must be for the BLHA member, not a third-party or non-member.
- The use of tents (all sizes), jump houses, inflatable play structures, rice, birdseed, glitter, confetti, fireworks, serving minors alcohol, swimming from docks, and open flames outside of designated areas such as grills, fireplace, and firepit, are strictly prohibited on the premises.
- All activities must comply with City of Berkeley Lake ordinances and must be conducted in a peaceful and orderly manner.
- Members are responsible for the actions of their guests.
- Guests must remain within the pavilion and picnic grounds at all times. The chapel grounds, including the front lawn and gazebo adjacent to the parking lot, are not part of BLHA property and are strictly prohibited from use for your guests.
- Coolers, cups, plates, décor, and other items in the storage room and kitchen are the property of BLHA and may not be used for your rental event. You should plan to bring your own party supplies and coolers.
- No items can be left overnight or after the event. The BLHA is not responsible for items left behind.
- Violation of rental rules and regulations may result in BLHA’s cancellation of the event, revocation of the agreement, and forfeiture of fees paid.
- Events are not to exceed SIX HOURS, including set-up and clean-up. Arranging for set-up and clean-up is the member’s responsibility. Caterers are not permitted on the BLHA grounds until the start of the rental time and MUST always be with the reserving BLHA member, so please schedule accordingly.
- All events must conclude, and the facilities must be cleaned and vacated, by the contracted ending time. A Clean Up Checklist will be provided after rental is confirmed.
- The BLHA reserves the right to make any physical changes to the facilities or the grounds.
- The BLHA is not responsible for any personal or professional articles or possessions that may be lost or stolen from the member and/or guests, participants, or contracted service providers during their use of the facilities and/or grounds.
- No access to storage areas, mechanical areas, or other unauthorized areas is allowed by guests or non-members.
- Parking for all events is in the chapel parking lot. Do not park on grass or block boat ramp. You are responsible for your guests adhering to these rules.
- Any changes to the times, dates, designated individuals, or other provisions of the rental agreement must be requested from and approved by BLHA in writing.
- First time users of the television, smoker, grill, and fireplace must be given operational and safety instructions by BLHA staff.
- BLHA approved security may be required for events with attendance exceeding 50 non-members. Contact the BLHA Board with event details for determination. If the Board requires security, it will be the BLHA member’s responsibility to arrange and pay for all security.
- The entire facility grounds are being recorded by security cameras.
- Fireworks, explosives, firearms and devices which discharge projectiles by any means are prohibited on BLHA property.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Restrooms must be cleaned after the event.
- Kitchen must be cleaned if used.
- All furniture must be returned to its original position.
- Television must be covered.
- Doors must be closed, and all lights turned off.
- Any fire in the fireplace or firepit must be fully extinguished.
- Dispose of all trash in bags in BLHA provided waste containers.
- Do not leave food in trash cans at the pavilion.
- A complete check list for clean-up will be provided at time of rental.
- No storage of rental equipment or material is allowed in the facility beyond the rental time of the contract, unless agreed to by BLHA in advance.
- No nails, hooks, tacks, tape, etc., are allowed in or on the walls or beams of the pavilion.
- Table confetti, sprinkles, silly string, piñatas, etc. must be thoroughly removed after the event.
- No equipment is to be removed from the facility without written permission from the BLHA rental coordinator.
- Candles, flames or burning material of any kind are not allowed anywhere in the enclosed portion of the pavilion.
- Any renter intending to use a sound system or have a disc jockey must make their intention known prior to entering the rental contract. Use of any amplified sound system for playing of music or other sounds must be done so that it is not a nuisance to nearby residents and must be coordinated with the BLHA in advance.
- Renters must provide their own sound systems.
- No renter may burn or cause any strong odor to be released in the facility or its grounds.
- No bright lights or strobes may be used, inside or out, without prior written permission of the BLHA rental coordinator.
- Your reservation is not confirmed until full payment is received and all forms signed.
- Cancellation of rental less than seven (7) days prior to rental may forfeit rental fee.
- A Refundable Cleaning and Damage Deposit equal to the rental fee is required. It will be refunded if there is no damage, missing property or extra cleaning required after your event.
- The reserving BLHA member is fully responsible for all and any damage to the facilities and property, regardless of the source of the damage.
- The BLHA will calculate all damage charges and provide an invoice to the member if it exceeds the Cleaning and Damage Deposit.