The pavilion and the pavilion grounds are available for event scheduling by members of Berkeley Lake Homeowners Association (BLHA). Please read the guidelines below before submitting your rental request.
To schedule, complete the request and liability forms (found at the bottom of this page) and contact the BLHA administrator to determine availability and payment procedure.
Event scheduling ensures that there will be no conflict with another group that desires to use the pavilion on the same date and time. Please note, the pavilion and grounds belong to all BLHA members – scheduling does not prohibit another member from being present on the grounds or their use of the restrooms.
All reservations are on a first come/first served basis. Some dates are not available including Memorial Day, Easter Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day and BLHA scheduled events.
Reservations may only be made by BLHA members and for the purpose of an activity related to the members, their families and invited guests. The member(s) scheduling the event must be present.
The BLHA Board reserves the right to schedule special activities and non-BLHA events.
|Groups of less than 20||$150|
|Groups of 20 to 75||$250|
|Groups over 75||$350|
Groups larger than 100 must be approved by the BLHA Board.
Scheduling should be done at least two weeks prior to the event. The fee is due at the time of scheduling. The date cannot be guaranteed until funds are received.
Other use of the pavilion and grounds for limited or spontaneous activities such as a family picnic, small social gatherings, meetings etc. that do not entail use of the kitchen or grill will not require a fee or scheduling: however, if it occurs at the same time as a scheduled event, the scheduled event will have facility priority. Such limited use still requires all rules and guest policies are abided.
Restrooms and grounds access will be available to all members 24/7 regardless of any activity.
Rules and Policies
- These rules and policies apply to all use (both scheduled and non-scheduled).
- Applicants must be current BLHA members.
- All activities must comply with City of Berkeley Lake ordinances and must be conducted in a peaceful and orderly manner.
- Members are responsible for the actions of their guests.
- The BLHA is not responsible for items left at the facility.
- Violation of these rules and regulations may result in BLHA’s cancellation of the event, revocation of the agreement, and forfeiture of fees paid.
- Dates are reserved only with the complete Scheduling Agreement signed by the BLHA and receipt of usage fee payment.
- Events are not to exceed designated times. Hours stated on the Agreement include time for set-up and clean-up. Arranging for set-up and clean-up is the member’s responsibility. Caterers usually require 1-2 hours to set up and up to 1 hour to clean up. The caterer is not permitted on the BLHA grounds until the start of the rental time, so please schedule accordingly.
- All events must conclude, and the facilities must be cleaned and vacated, by the contracted ending time.
- The BLHA reserves the right to make any physical changes to the facilities or the grounds.
- The BLHA is not responsible for any personal or professional articles or possessions that may be lost or stolen from the member and/or guests, participants, or contracted service providers during their use of the facilities and/or grounds.
- No access to storage areas, mechanical areas, or other unauthorized areas is allowed.
- Parking for all events is in the chapel parking lot. Overflow parking is permitted in the City parking lot during non-business hours only.
- Any changes to the times, dates, designated individuals, or other provisions of this agreement must be requested from and approved by BLHA in writing.
- First time users of the television, smoker, grill and fireplace must be given operational and safety instructions by BLHA staff or view the operational video provided on this website.
- BLHA approved security may be required for events with attendance exceeding 50 people. Contact the BLHA Board with event details for determination. If the Board requires security, it will be the scheduling member’s responsibility to arrange and pay for it.
- The entire facility grounds are monitored by security cameras.
- Fireworks, explosives, firearms and devices which discharge projectiles by any means are prohibited on BLHA property.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Restrooms must be cleaned after the event.
- Clean tables and work surfaces.
- Dispose of all trash in bags in BLHA provided waste containers.
- No storage of rental equipment or material is allowed in the facility beyond the rental time of the contract, unless agreed to by BLHA.
- No nails, hooks, tacks, tape, etc., are allowed in or on the walls of the pavilion building.
- Table confetti, sprinkles, silly string, piñatas, etc. must be thoroughly removed after the event.
- No equipment is to be removed from the facility without written permission from the BLHA administrator.
- Candles, flames or burning material of any kind are not allowed anywhere in the enclosed portion of the pavilion.
- Any renter intending to use a sound system or have a disc jockey in attendance must make their intention known prior to entering the rental contract. Use of any amplified sound system for playing of music or otherwise must be done so that it is not a nuisance to nearby residents and must be coordinated with the BLHA staff. Renters must provide their own sound systems
- No renter may burn or cause any strong odor to be released in the facility. No bright lights or strobes may be used, inside or out, without prior written permission of the BLHA administrator.
- Your reservation is not confirmed, and this contract does not take effect until payment is made.
- Cancellation of rental less than seven (7) days prior to rental may forfeit all usage fees.
- The scheduling member is fully responsible for all and any damage to the facilities, regardless of the source of the damage.
- The BLHA will calculate all damage charges and provide an invoice to the member.
- Rental rates, terms and rules may be reviewed and amended at any time by the BLHA Board.